nice poems


Monday, February 29, 2016

IF I LIVE BEYOND TOMORROW by (C) John Chizoba Vincent

If I will live beyond tomorrow,
Know that I have died thousand
Times before the baking of today.
If my words sustain tomorrow's hunger
Know you that they are not mere words
But they are land that connect borders.



I have been brave before today's eyes,
I have been battered in the hand of sickness.
If I live beyond tomorrow, the gods kept me,
The gods that sprinkled their spit on me are alive.
Through the testimonies of their weakness I am
Made to be strong and brave in the race of life.


If my poems stand a chance of appreciation in the heart of tomorrow's hazard, know that I have not slept for a thousand nights and thousand days.
Perfection is not in the work of my art, NO!
If they won't  live beyond tomorrow, the gods are to be blamed; for their eyes I see the beauty of the world.



If my name will live beyond tomorrow,
Search in my secret places and see what I have done.
I do not just sit down and wait for tomorrow to come
But I work and walk like the Elephant of the forest.
Don't look for me among the Rich but find me among the Thorns in my Backyard; they made me who I am.



If my man will live beyond tomorrow,
Acknowledge poetry because he made me who I am.
In the tattered part of my heart he dwells before I was birth into this world by that immovable and immortal tree in Nkporoland, she is the sun of the blessed day.



(C) John Chizoba Vincent
   All Right Reserved '16

No comments:

Post a Comment