nice poems


Friday, January 22, 2016

CITADEL OF LIFE LECTURE TOPIC: WRITE FROM YOUR HEART by Alex Osagie.

Peace be upon you all, I'm Alex Osagie, a poet, counsellor and a prolific writer, I'm grateful to be here. Happy new year everyone. Today we shall discuss on a topic 'write from your heart'. As I begin to share tonight permit me to first share something that came from my heart earlier in the day. I do regular Brain Storming session and below is today's own.
BS Session "GET SENSE"
Officially all the euphoria of festivity is giving way to reality. Work begins, Life grinds. I am a great believer of prophecy and declaration but it won't pay the bills if you don't get do what you must and will. See if you like keep drinking or bathing in anointing oil, it won't cure ignorance remember people perish not for bad government or economy but lack of knowledge (get sense). Bros/ Sis get sense, to end your predicament and nonsense. Why must you get sense:
1) To whom brain is bestowed, sense must be disposed and exposed. The calendar is counting, what is your agenda amounting
2) Singing my helper daily without strategic positioning, that's confirmed recipe for suffer. Help comes when you are helping yourself
3) Packaging cannot hide ignorance for long, its like wearing a dirty socks, once you take off the shoe, you bring climate change. Get knowledge package, stop empty package.
Get sense, stop the nonsense in ignorance. The god's are not to be blamed but yourself. If you can't invest in yourself, who will? #R4HL
Get sense, get a coach. Stop living in delusion, that you don't need one. People MAY never attain their full potential until they ARE coached. #W3
Prov 13:20 Ever wondered why it is said common sense isn't common, because only few people truly and genuinely get sense. #R4HL
Euphoria of festivity is giving way to reality. If you passionately desire to get sense/ coach let's talk on BBM 25E8C472.
Now for me that came from my heart, note that isn't a spoken word or poetry but I wrote from my heart. I will be sharing from my heart. We are all in one form of writing or another. Whatever we write must have a message. And all true message come from the heart and not the head, people know when it gets to their heart and if you speak from the heart you will know too.
Now have anyone ever finished performing and you felt like you have been drained and deflated. And have anyone finished performing and the crowd applauded and you know within you didn't do anything. Now I shared those two instances to show us something. Preparation and REHEARSALs are very key but we must always speak / write from the heart. Some of the ideas are:
Idea 1: Write about pain.
We are in the emotion business hence we must have a very high emotional intelligence, do you know people will always connect to you when you speak/ write about pain. Why? In one way or another if we are brutally honest, we all have gone through or are currently going through one pain or another. For example, some are going through the pain of traffic if you live in Lagos. Student have the pain when data is left with 10mb,  job seekers have the pain of no jobs, there is pain everywhere until we get to heaven, as long as we are on earth we won't run out of pain. In fact not having a pain is a pain, whether you live in Nigeria or in Spain.
Idea 2: write simple.
Yeah I know many would want my head on a plate for this but simplicity is the new sophistication, how many people here have listened to Adele's "Hello". One word for that song is.? What's the one word that best describe the song? The song to me is simple yet with a strong message, which leads me to the third idea
Idea 3: what's the message.
I know you like shakitibobo but please can someone tell me the message In the song. Someone tell me the message in Darey Alade "pray for me" Now you see how does this relate to writer and spoken worders.
Idea 4: Minister.
You see many of us think what we do is a show but truth is it is not, we are as powerful as music ministers and pastors. We can share pieces that can open blind eyes, unlock deaf ears, cripple walking, sickness healed. Those Five minutes or less is enough to get someone's heart stirred for the supernatural. Words are potent, even God is nothing without His words. Speaking of God, am not trying to sound religious it's like saying water should have a color (#deep).
Idea 5: Stay in His presence.
Fela Durutoye would always say his is not a speaker but just a loud speaker. Now if we truly follow this idea and write a piece, for years that piece will be ever green. Now I know many are wondering this is what we know naah, what's new here? Do you know your phone your are holding can do much more than ping and whatsapp?
Life is already too complicated thanks to man, we shouldn't join to complicate it even more with our word. You have heard people's piece that it's only the punchline at the end before he drops the mic you can remember or if it was a piece that had chorus chant, it's only the chant you can remember.
Human attention span is getting short by the day even MI is constant, so when you have it use it with precision. Hit the nail (or mase) on the head with your message delivered. I see you guys can't wait to have the stage. Everyone will have his/her opportunity to shine, prepare and wait your time will come. Now here is something I just penned down.
Her life was a story, Alive in heaven but living in hell, Tragedy to much to mention, Not even the cardinal could tell, Losing her innocence, In the firm brutal arms of uncle innocent, Who to mum and dad was a saint, But the scent of shirt stayed long with her as it mixed with her sweat as she fought her battle futile If that was the first, it would have been a mistake, But he continued like those people who devour national cake, none would believe her even if she try to tell, alive in heaven but living in hell, you can easily spot all 5 ideas. Did the write up minister to you?
If you were on stage how would you share this piece? To minister it to people (cool calm sober tone and the words will pierce like a knife). Like I will tell friends, inspite of the inflation and naira fall to dollar, the wages of sin is still death
So inspite of what you become in the industry, these are my basics I have shared with you tonight and please don't take it hook line and sinker, so guys the basis are the the basic. So we can take feedback now...
Now I must say this, never let money make you lose focus of your true calling, and always listen to your heart (the still small voice). Even though you scratch the card, always remember who gets the credit (GOD). I'll take questions now.
QUESTIONS:
Philosopher(Nigerian): What should I do if I'm writing from my heart and the crowd seems not to find pleasure in my books or write up..coz I've no fan?
Alex Osagie: Keep writing from your heart, your message is not for the fan but for the one. Just as Christ was sent to the lost sheep, you are writing for that lost one. Have you ever performed and you felt you messed up completely and one person, just one person comes to you at the end and said you spoke to me. Don't go for the fan, go for the one.- Osagie Alex
Ify(Nigerian): I love writing especially about love,I feel d words in my heart,it in my head but I don't know how to bring it out or put it together
Alex Osagie: Do you have a voice recorder on your phone? When the words come again, just record it and then later you can write and edit it out.
Karen(Kenyan): You've said we should write from our hearts, I agree,but then sometimes the heart can be deceiving,why can't we write from our heads,you know more room to thinking, (figuring things out).
Alex Osagie: If you write from the head it will get to people's head, if you write from the heart it will get to people's heart. Head or Heart, which is your target. Someone on my list is opening up her past that the story is about her. Our class example is bringing closure to another like fresh ripe apple. One more thing, if you notice there wasn't any notes.  I simply wrote from my heart. I practice what I teach and preach. Go and do like wise.
Now to me request before my time is up here. Please always keep me in your prayers. That's all. Thanks a lot for having me.
I pray you speak from your heart in 2016.
Thanks Paul, thanks Citadel of Life members, it was an honor and privilege to share.
If you want to connect with me. Follow@wisdomcounselin
You'll learn a lot from me. Don't miss this opportunity in 2016
©Copyright
#Hosted by Sunsampaul
04-01-16
10:17pm

No comments:

Post a Comment