nice poems


Wednesday, March 9, 2016

NNEM (Dedicated to My Mother, Mrs. Leticia Egwu) a poem by Sunsampaul Egwu


Nnem
Before now, you washed me clean
Even when I gave you sleepless night
You never deserted me
You cuddled me 
You played with me
Those play I always love
You nursed me



Nnem
Before now, you always plant a kiss on my forehead
You find pleasure in locking your lip in mine
You caressed me in romantic style
Your succulent breast I sucked with great pleasure


Nnem
Before now, with every measure 
I bounced n your belly at night
When the milk get little 
I bite those succulent breast
My soft tender hands 
Squeezed those juicy milk 
Out of your succulent breast
Still they never fall flat like slippers
They were always bubbling like bobby


Nnem
Before now, you always chase me to read my books
You told me readers are leaders
You helped me solve my home works
I remember in primary five you taught me Pythagoras theorem
You're indeed a good teacher to me


Nnem
Before now, night use to be moonlight tales for me and my siblings
I remember that wonderful folktale
You and Nnam told me in the dark
Same folktale inspired me to write and publish my own folktale ' Ikenna and the Zebra'


Nnem
Before now, you always force me to morning masses
You never fail to report my misconducts to Rev.Fr.Richmond
You scolded each time I erred
Those lashes created zebra crossing on my back
Same lashes drew me back to normality


Nnem
Before now, you celebrated your 54th birthday
Silver nor gold I couldn't give to you
But I remember I did planted a hot kiss on your forehead
I cracked jokes with you
And reminded you of those lovely folktales 
You always present to me.


Nnem
Before now, you sucked the liquid bombs out from my nostrils
You refuse to sleep when I'm awake
You put on me a crucifix
You taught me how to say the CATENA 
You always remind me to recite the ROSARY
You always draw those soft ears of mine
That I shouldn't forget to say thank you to God and humans.


Nnem
Now I promise never to let you down
You must reap from your labour
You must see my children 
You must never look sad
Your days although must be halcyon
God's provision and protection will be upon you
All the days of your life
And you shall dwell in the house of the lord
Forever and ever
Amen


©Copyright
#Sunsampaul d Philosopher
#Happy mother's day
06-03-16
11:43pm

No comments:

Post a Comment